Courtice Limo

courtice Limo ServiceThe area was first settled in 1795 by the Conants and the Trulls families. Courtice, however, takes its name from another one of the early families who settled the area. Thomas Courtice arrived in Darlington Township in 1831, followed by his brothers Christopher and James in 1833. The family emigrated from Putford Bridge, Devonshire, England. The community was centred around the Ebenezer Church/Schoolhouse which was erected in the 1850s. For a while the growing settlement was called "Ebenezer", and as it grew it would eventually encompass another hamlet called "Short’s Corners". Short’s Corners was located at Kingston Rd. (Highway 2) and Courtice Rd. George Short owned the blacksmith shop there where today Roy Nicholls Motors sits. This became downtown Courtice. Across the street on the north side of Highway 2 was where A.F. Rundles’ Market was built in 1860. Beside it on the east was James Courtice’s carpenter shop, built in 1874; and on the west was the Post office run by John Walter in 1908. Just west of the Post office was the old Methodist Church. All of these buildings were torn down when Highway 2 was widened in 1988. The present NW corner of Courtice Rd. and Highway 2, where a townhouse complex sits, is where the Courtice Cheese factory and shop was located. Across the street at the present day auto body shop there used to be a wagon maker’s shop.

Just to the west of Courtice was a neighbouring hamlet called Prestonvale (today part of Courtice). It was once called Black’s Hill and in 1825 was the site of the first post office in Darlington Township located just east of today’s Preston Pub. The postmaster was none other than Colonel James Black, the originator of the name. It was also later called Tooley’s Hill after Augustus Tooley who ran the grist mill at Kingston Road where Farewell Creek crosses underneath Highway 2. Today this is the present location across the road from the Tim Horton’s. The children of Prestonvale went to a school (Section #8) called Mount Carswell located on the north side of Concession 3 (now Nash Rd), just west of Trulls Rd on James Reynolds’ farmstead. Alf Wilborn ran the blacksmith shop at the corner of Kingston Rd. and Prestonvale Rd. A sawmill existed on the north side of Nash Rd. just to the east of Farewell Creek, where you can see an old bridge just to the north of the present day bridge. This property was the farmstead of William Scott. Across the street from the school was the Temperance Hall located on A.V. Scott’s property.

A post office with the name "Courtice" was finally established in the mid 19th century, and rail connections became available on both the Canadian Pacific and Grand Trunk main lines which passed south of the village closer to Lake Ontario. Courtice remained primarily a small rural village well into the 20th century, but housing developments beginning in the mid-1980s caused the community to grow rapidly. In 1988 Highway 2 was widened from its 2 lanes to its present 5 lanes. By the mid-1990s growth had slowed somewhat, although new housing developments are continuing and the area remains popular due to relatively low prices. Housing is primarily single-family detached residential, and most residents travel to Toronto or points west in Durham Region for employment. Commercial development is centred along Highway 2, with particular concentrations at the intersections with Townline Road (at the boundary with Oshawa) and Courtice Road.

Our Limousine Services specializes in providing Affordable Luxury Limousine and Chauffeured Transportation in Courtice. We pride ourselves on offering the most professional service in the finest fleet of Sedans, Limousines, SUV’s, Vans, Mini Buses and Motor Coaches in Courtice.

We offer Courtice Limos and Chauffeured Ground Transportation Services for every occasion. Our Limo Service also offers luxury airport transportation to and from Courtice International Airport.

Our Limo Services also offers Hummer Limos, Stretched SUV’s, Party Buses and Limo Buses to make your night on the town a night of luxury.

Limo Reservation